The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable development. It is one of the world's leading research institutions in its field and offers natural and social scientists from around the world an inspiring environment for excellent interdisciplinary research.
For the Director's Executive Staff PIK is offering a position as
Advisor/Research Analyst (f/m/d)
starting on 01.02.2019.
(Position number: Advisor/Research Analyst-45-2018)
The position is funded until 31.01.2021. Remuneration is in accordance with German public tariff scheme (TV-L Brandenburg), salary group E 13 This is a full-time position with a weekly working time of 40 hours per week. The position can be filled on a part-time basis.
- Support the scientific work of the incoming Science Director Johan Rockström (research, publications, lectures)
- Prepare and on occasion co-author talks, essays and publications for the Director, including content coordination with event organizers
- Prepare scientific research results for talks and presentations
- Draft summaries of talks and publications authored by the Director
- Maintain the publication data base and PIK homepage of the Director
- Support the Director’s board and committee activities
- Provide operational support to the Director Emeritus
- Graduate degree in a relevant subject area (natural or social sciences apply)
- Demonstrated experience in the drafting of publications (scientific or popular)
- Advanced knowledge of climate science and climate impacts research
- Analytical experience with quantitative analyses and modelling
- Analytical interest in and understanding of political and scientific debates
- Competence in administrative tasks
- Knowledge of the functioning of academic institutions
- Computer literacy in standard software
- Fluency in German and English
- The ability to work independently, on your own initiative and in a team
- A methodical, systematic and goal-oriented approach
- The capacity to familarise yourself quickly with new topics
- Creativity and openness to new approaches, organizational talent
- A high level of competence in oral and written German and English
- Reliability, the ability to cope with stress and a high level of motivation
- Willingness to travel for work (project meetings, workshops etc.)
- Opportunities to gain insights into directorial scientific and operational work of an internationally recognized research institute,
- Engagement with the forefront of international research in Earth Systems Sciences and Climate Impacts Research,
- The chance to be part of a creative, interdisciplinary and welcoming team,
- A stimulating working environment on Potsdam's beautiful, historic Telegrafenberg campus, a short commuting distance from Berlin,
- A collective pay scheme and associated benefits.
PIK seeks to increase the share of women in scientific positions and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. In cases of equal qualification and within the given legal scope, women will be given preference. Applications by persons with a migration background are expressly encouraged. Applications of disabled persons with equal qualifications will be regarded favourably. PIK is also encouraging applications by parents returning from parental leave.
Please send your full application in English as a single PDF document by Email (Reference: Advisor/Research Analyst-45-2018), quoting the position number given above and mentioning where you read about the position by at the latest 14.12.2018 to Dr. Daniel Klingenfeld, email@example.com. The size of the file should not exceed 15 MB.
The job interviews are planned on 10.01.2019 (9 am – 1 pm).