Join the German Wellcome office as a Policy Adviser in an International Organisation and Help Great Ideas to Thrive.
Germany Policy Adviser, Berlin/Germany
The Wellcome Trust, a global foundation that aims to improve health for everyone, has chosen Berlin as the location of its first office outside of the UK. Germany is increasingly playing a leading role in global health and Berlin is a major international centre for science, innovation and culture. The new office aims to strengthen Wellcome’s international presence and expand partnership opportunities with a broad range of European organisations in order to drive shared priorities in global health.
Wellcome is currently seeking an experienced Policy Adviser for our Germany Office (Berlin based) for a 2.5 years period, with a potential to be extended beyond this.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside Wellcome’s new Policy Lead in Germany and deliver the following objectives:
- Extend Wellcome’s network with leading German-based bodies in global health, science and culture;
- Engage with key stakeholders and seek to inform Germany’s strategic direction and future investment in global health
- Identify opportunities to form partnerships with key German actors in order to progress Wellcome’s key priorities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Establish and manage day to day partnerships and networks to inform and support the achievement of key objectives of Wellcome’s Priority Areas through the German Government, German institutions, Berlin based international health organisations, and other European based stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse developments in identified areas of research/ science policy, identifying risks and opportunities for Wellcome
- Implement key elements of the external communications and network development strategy between Wellcome Berlin and key stakeholders that maximizes the impact of Wellcome’s interactions
- Manage the delivery of specific elements of at least one initiative taking forward an aspect of Global Health Policy, as supporting Wellcome’s Global Health objectives and interests
- In collaboration with the UK office, develop a programme of activities to be run or coordinated out of the German office, showcasing Wellcome’s work in science and culture
- Fluent in both German and English (written and verbal)
- Knowledge and experience of working in a German based organization with experience of working in global health, research and development for health or similar
- Experience of preparing policy advice for team leaders and senior officials in complex environments
- Experience of work on communications and advocacy initiatives
- Experience of commissioning organizations to deliver work, on time and to budget
- Holds established networks across German government or global health institutions
- Excellent communicator - strong and well developed influencing and facilitation skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Stakeholder management - able to build credibility and trust with high-priority stakeholders
- Self-starter, comfortable working autonomously but with a strong team ethic
- Thrives working with ambiguity
- Bachelors Degree or similar qualifications
- Willing and able to travel internationally, including undertaking an initial induction period in the UK
What We Offer
We believe great ideas can change the world and improve health for everyone. At Wellcome, we help great ideas to thrive by supporting scientists and researchers, taking on big problems, fueling imaginations and sparking debate. Wellcome is not just a supporter of great ideas; it's a great place to work. We offer an attractive salary and excellent benefits and help our employees to develop in an open, respectful culture where differences are valued.
We value talented people from diverse backgrounds who help to make our vision a reality.
In case of interest please contact Miss R Stedman (E-mail email@example.com) under the reference Wellcome Trust– Adviser with your complete application (CV, motivation letter). Your application, including CV, should be in English and you must demonstrate your right to work in Germany.
We look forward to your application.