BIRKENSTOCK is a global lifestyle brand that stands for quality, function and all-round well-being. The historic roots of this long-standing family-run company can be traced back to the year 1774. Nowadays, the product portfolio comprises sandals and closed shoes, accessories, natural cosmetics as well as beds and sleep systems. With more than 5,500 employees, BIRKENSTOCK is the German shoe industry’s largest employer. BIRKENSTOCK has 16 locations as well as 35 retail stores in Germany, with privately owned distribution companies in Europe, Asia and the USA.For our Quality Management at our location in Cologne, we are looking for a
Head of Sustainability (m/f/d)
- Your heart beats for sustainability? You love taking responsibility and want to actively shape Birkenstock’s future with courage and curiosity? Join our Quality Management team to develop, drive and implement our global corporate sustainability & responsibility strategy!
- You define the scope and the framework for sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility understanding. In detail: You perform a Corporate Life Cycle Assessment and build the framework to a carbon neutral scenario.
- Our teams benefit from your professional guidance and together you set up a quantifiable approach to key metrics/success factors for each Sustainable Business commitment / target.
- With a keen eye and based on your analyses of current policies and operations you identify current or potential risks as well as room for improvement.
- Under the same premise you perform fact-based measurements and progress tracking to conceptualize impact measurements of sustainability and CSR activities, implement and perform sustainability reporting towards both internal and external stakeholders.
Required skills, experience, background:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or similar discipline
- Several years of professional experience in similar roles or in management consulting on CSR / Sustainability projects with knowledge of CSR principles, trends, tools and methodologies (environmental, social, ISO 14001, SA8000, OHSAS 18001, LCA)
- Experience in the apparel / footwear industry and/or environmental sustainability is beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects across multi-national organizations, from planning through execution, including familiarity with key project management frameworks and change management approaches
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: Fluent English, both spoken and written, German is a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Ability to build and develop strong internal and external relationships
BIRKENSTOCK offers you all the advantages of a successful, fast growing, global company: dynamic work environment, considerable design freedom, authentic and open corporate culture and excellent development opportunities. Sounds exciting? It is. We are looking forward to receiving your online application, stating your salary expectations via www.birkenstock-group.com/careers!
Birkenstock Group B.V. & Co. KG
Burg Ockenfels • 53545 Linz am Rhein • Germany