Job location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: 1-5-2017
Vacancy closing date: 31st March 2017
Duration position: 12 months, with possible extension or fixed contract
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA contributes to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA operates in sixteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA has approximately 1,000 employees worldwide. The activities are coordinated from ZOA office in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands.
ZOA is looking for a
Institutional Relations Manager Germany(f/m)
The Institutional Relations Manager will represent ZOA towards the German Federal government, participate in meetings with the government and relevant Networks, acquire humanitarian funding from German government, research other funding opportunities and manage actual funding applications and contracts. The function also entails maintaining the ZOA registration in Germany and relations with the relevant authorities.
Your challenge will be to facilitate the process of getting funding for ZOA’s relief and recovery programmes by identifying opportunities for funding and by liaising between ZOA country offices and German institutional donors.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
1.Maintaining the registration of ZOA in Germany.
2.Developing and maintaining an institutional donor strategy for Germany;
3.To initiate, foster, and maintain relationswith federal German government, foundations, and partners;
4.Actively contributing in knowledge and capacity building of the programme management in the countries and the ZOA Netherlands office in acquiring of, using of, and reporting on institutional funding;
5.Assisting the internal system of qualitycontrol & improvement related to donor requisites and procedures, complementing the system of financial quality control (compliance);
6.Contributing actively in ensuring the compliance of proposals and reports regarding German institutional donor requirements;
7.Representing ZOA in Germany towards authorities, donors, partners and relevant networks.
The candidate is expected to fully support the Christian identity, vision and mission of ZOA.
- Academic degree in development studies or a related field;
- Working experience for several years with the process of requesting, implementing and reporting of funding of large institutional donors;
- Full fluency of the German language. Excellent mastering of English language (conversation, listening, writing) and with preference of French language (at least reading);
- Preferably several years of field experience in humanitarian and/or development work.
- Adopts a proactive approach;
- Can work independently/autonomously;
- Is result oriented; initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to satisfactory results;
- Puts first things first, knows how to prioritize, and achieves this with a personal touch;
-Is an excellent networker, good listener, and eager to learn, striking a balance between mutual fit and benefit;
- Is a natural source of inspiration and bridge builder to be able to represent ZOA and her interests and communicate them effectively externally, as well as fostering collaboration with other departments within ZOA;
- Is intrinsically motivated and driven, and gets energy from serving ZOA’s target group;
Setting up and strengthening relationships.
- Duty station for this position is Berlin, Germany
- Frequent travelling to Apeldoorn, the Netherlands
- At least one ZOA country program will be visited per year.
ZOA offers you a challenging and pioneering job, an inspiring and motivated team in the Netherlands and in programme countries, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Charity van Bemmel HR Officer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via http://www.zoa-international.com/institutional-relations-manager-germany-fm
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Du willst keine Jobs, Events & News verpassen? Dann kannst Du dich gerne für den Newsletter anmelden unter