The Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (CSCP) is offering a position as IT Network and System Administrator at its office in Wuppertal.
Part-time or full-time position for negotiation, beginning as of 1st July 2021
Wuppertal, Germany (partly home office possible)
The Collaborating Centre on Sustainable Consumption and Production (CSCP) is an independent, not-for-profit “Think and Do Tank” committed to providing collaborative solutions for a sustainable planet. The Centre was founded in 2005 by the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP) and the Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy and is headquartered in Wuppertal, Germany. A team of currently 60 multidisciplinary professionals contributes to the worldwide activities of the Centre www.scp-centre.org/about-us.
The CSCP offers you a dynamic and stimulating work environment, diverse assignments and international development opportunities, the chance to work on future-oriented sustainability topics and the opportunity to make a true difference with your work at a reputable organization working on key sustainability issues.
The position will include maintenance of the network and the computers (Mac/Linux), strategic advising on further IT needs / possibilities (e.g. acquiring new hardware, extending network) and occasionally advising on IT implementation aspects in projects. We offer you a friendly work environment with opportunities to develop new IT solutions and approaches.
This includes in particular:
1. Server Administration (Linux, synology, seafile)
2. IT Set-Up, Maintenance and Helpdesk of 60 Mac OS computer
3. Network Administration
And in general:
• software / hardware research & implementation (e.g. extension of network, data storage, online applications) and advising strategically (e.g. acquiring new hardware or software, other IT needs and possibilities)
• Setting up and maintaining employee IT accounts
• Data administration, data recovery
• Knowledge of Webserver and supporting with external webserver settings, updates and maintenance
• Documentation of processes and finding improvement possibilities
As German and English are the working language of the CSCP, fluency in written and spoken German and English are necessary.
We apply the TV-L Salary system.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete application (including 1-page letter of motivation in English, your CV, certificates and reference(s) to: