The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Berlin Office. This position will be based in Berlin, Germany. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting from end of July 2017.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Finance/Administration Unit with the following key duties:
- Assist with insuring regular financial reports to Management;
- Assist in data entry for receivables and payables;
- Work with WFP Procurement, execute procedures for contracting goods and services from external vendors;
- Assist in flowcharting of business processes;
- Assist in preparation of training material for workshops/ meetings;
- Assist in preparation of high-level events/ workshops;
- Perform other related duties for the Finance/ Administration Section as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies OR have graduated in the last 6 months in International Business Administration or related studies;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in German and English;
- Second UN language would be an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The current amount for Berlin is around US$900
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.