TuaRes Foundation (www.tuares.org) promotes access to and quality in girl education, mostly in Burkina Faso, West Africa. We support vulnerable girls with the economic means to pursue an education. We also provide tuition classes and psycho-social support. Our girls receive life skills, IT and English training. Some of them will be enrolled in professional training or university scholarship programs. Since its creation in 2012, TuaRes has promoted the education of 6,420 girls and young women and continues to grow dynamically. We have built a team of twelve persons in Burkina Faso and four persons in Munich. TuaRes combines a grass-roots approach with a systematic, impact-oriented methodology. TuaRes is interested in innovation within education projects, particularly digital innovation.
To strengthen our Munich based team, we are looking for a
Your responsibilities will be:
- Manage and oversee our project team of approximately 12 persons in Africa
- Project planning: lead and drive planning cycle, focus on educational and development aspects
- Project monitoring: stay in close contact via visits, reporting and Skype exchange with local team to monitor progress
- Project evaluation: use quantitative and qualitative data to assess impact
- Best practices: drive and document best practices based on learnings from past and ongoing project work
- Innovation: come up and work to implement innovative strategies to achieve better outcomes for our girls and their communities
- Relationships: build relationships with local office, partners (schools, parents associations) and TuaRes girls
- Representation and networks: represent the Foundation in West Africa and Europe, build contacts with partner organisations locally and internationally
What we expect:
- Passion for our cause –giving vulnerable girls an opportunity through education
- A university degree in a field relevant to TuaRes’ mission such as development studies, education, economics, political science etc.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the development or education sector with significant experience of working in Africa
- Regular travel to Africa, approx. 4 to 6 trips of approx. two weeks per year
- Energy, tenacity, flexibility and a can-do attitude
- A structured and systematic approach to running projects
- An open and creative mind – always looking for ways to improve our results to the benefit of vulnerable girls
- A good team player
- Capability to operate successfully in the African socio-cultural context
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Language: French (required) and English and/or German
- Computer skills: Word, Power Point, Excel (training will be provided, if necessary)
What we offer:
- Be part of an endeavor that addresses a critical field in international development: girls’ education
- Our foundation is fast-growing and dynamic and you will personally shape it
- Our team works closely together, is supportive and friendly
- A flexible and non-bureaucratic environment, decisions are made fast, based on facts, not politics
- You will have lots of opportunities to contribute to a very meaningful cause
- Your salary will be consistent with NGOs’ salaries and in addition include a bonus component, based on performance
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please send a complete set of your application documents in English to Ms Martina Mayer via e-mail to email@example.com by 31 March 2017, also stating your earliest availability.