CARE Österreich, Verein für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit und humanitäre Hilfe, seeks an experienced
Project Controller – International
Contract: Full Time (one year limited with the possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Vienna, 40% international travel
Starting date: As soon as possible
We are one of the world’s leading development and humanitarian aid agencies, fighting poverty and injustice in over 90 countries and helping 80 million people each year to find routes out of poverty, with a specific focus on the empowerment of women and girls. We save lives in disaster and conflicts and stand with women, girls and their communities to achieve lasting change for a better future.
Objective of the position:
As project controller you will support the stewardship of CARE Austria’s high-value contracts and contribute to a professional management of project funds, helping to ensure accountability, value for money and the largest possible impact for our beneficiaries. You will also build capacity of national staff, supporting the development of in-country key financial project resources. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for project controlling at CARE Austria whilst supporting the country-based finance staff. You will ensure accurate and timely reporting and forecasting as well as compliance with donor requirements.
- Work with CARE Austria’s program and finance team and country offices to ensure that grants are efficiently and accurately designed and budgeted;
- Ensure processes are in place for accurate and timely financial monitoring and forecasting, and ownership of country office-finance teams;
- Ensure that projects are implemented in full compliance with the rules and regulations of donors, and prepare financial reports to donors;
- Build staff capacity in country offices on key donor and CARE Austria’s requirements for sound financial management;
- Maintain internal donor financial reporting systems and budget revision tools;
- Identify issues and challenges related to the financial setup and management of projects in your portfolio;
- Coordinate and execute internal and external audits at country offices on behalf of CARE Austria.
- Completed business, finance or accountingdegree-level education (University, college);
- Five years of experience in finance controlling. Assets: Experience in analysis of large budgets. Experience in financial aspects of contract management. Experience with rules and regulations in an international organization (e.g. European Union).
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Excel, accounting and reporting systems);
- Very good skills in English. Assets: German and French.
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills;
- Willingness to travel for assignments for substantial amounts of time;
- High commitment, initiative and ability to work in diverse teams;
- Ability to work under time pressure, managing competing deadlines;
- Ability to execute and take on complex tasks in a responsible, self-organized and independent manner;
- Work and/or travel experience in a country of the global South is an asset;
- Identification with the goals of CARE.
- Finance controlling of a diverse project portfolio in a dynamically changingenvironment;
- Working with professional and committed team in an international context;
- Office in central Vienna;
- Gross salary EUR 44,000 annually depending on prior experiences and in accordance with CARE Austria’ssalary scheme.
- Various additional benefits
Please note: an EU citizenship or work permit valid for EU countries is a necessary prerequisite for this post. Only applications which fulfill all required qualifications will be considered.
We are looking forward to receiving your application, cover letter in English, as well as copies of relevant certificates and recommendation letters by 24 February 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in your cover letter how you learned about this position with CARE Austria.
To learn more about CARE Austria, please go to www.care.at.
CARE’s Mission: We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.