Implementing diverse projects in transition and developing countries and thus contributing to a “better tomorrow” is our business. With a turnover of EUR 70 million and 150 permanent staff members we, GOPA Consultants, are one of the leading consulting companies in the field of International Cooperation. For more than 50 years, we have been successfully implementing projects on behalf of national and international institutions; for example, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and the European Union (EU). Topics are manifold, ranging from the improvement of education for the young, through public administration reform and the support of democratisation, to measures of climate change adaptation.
Project Manager with focus on public financial management
to start as soon as possible in our Governance and Economic Development department in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
As Project Manager you will be responsible both for the acquisition of new projects and for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of on-going projects, especially in the field of public financial management. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for fact finding and backstopping missions as well as for short-term expert assignments.
- Identify and develop project acquisition strategies at an early stage
- Manage and coordinate the acquisition process; prepare Expressions of Interest and technical proposals, recruit staff and negotiate fees, identify consortium partners
- Draft proposals for public financial management projects funded by different donors
- Organize and lead fact-finding missions to the recipient countries
- Provide technical and financial management (backstopping) of on-going projects; coordinate and monitor the project activities on site, monitor the project progress, ensure the compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervise and manage project staff and resources, prepare and finalize
- Consult with clients, project partners and consortium partners on a regular basis
- Contribute to the acquisition strategy of the Governance and Economic Development Department and the further development of the department’s portfolio
What we offer:
- Continuous investment in your development
- An international working environment and colleagues who enjoy working together, mixing competence with the right amount of humour, and who are looking forward to having you in the team
- Short communication and decision making processes and a living “open doors” culture across all company levels
- The possibility to actively contribute to the future success of the department and extend its regional portfolio
- Free RMV job ticket
- Job bike
- Our own cantine
- Relevant academic degree (Master), preferably in the field of economics
- Fluent written and spoken English and French; German language skills are an asset
- Excellent analysis, synthesis and drafting skills
- Strong communication, networking and team-working skills
- Proven experience in the conception/drafting/acquisition, and especially in the preparation of bids for calls for tenders, and implementation of donor-funded projects
- Relevant experience in business development (as consultant or as manager) and budget/financial management of projects or organisations
- Experience in the fields of international cooperation and development in projects funded by bilateral and multilateral donors, as well as knowledge of the competition in the development cooperation related consultancy market are considered as strong assets
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- Work experience abroad in developing countries is considered as a strong asset
- Experience (at least over 2 years) of donor procedures and requirements, esp. EU and GIZ, is considered as a strong asset
Have we sparked your interest for more? If so, we look forward to receiving your application via https://www.perbit-job.de/jobs/gopa/gopa/anzeige.php?anz_id=195, stating your earliest possible commencement date and salary expectations.
- Personnel -
61348 Bad Homburg