Who we are
Meo Carbon Solutions is an independent consulting company that supports public and private sector clients worldwide in strategic orientation and implementation of goal-oriented measures towards more sustainable production pathways and ecologically and socially responsible business activities. The focus of our work is to support our clients towards carbon-neutrality and net-zero with the development of corporate sustainability strategies, the calculation of product and company carbon footprints, the implementation of sustainability measures as well as of emission compensation and carbon trading. We are also involved in the development and implementation of sustainability standards to ensure sustainable value chains and social compliance.
At our headquarters in Cologne we are looking for a senior consultant & project manager (f/m/d) to support our growing team in the field of carbon compensation.
Senior Consultant & Project manager carbon trading and offsetting (f/m/d)
- Management of consulting projects with different contents, e.g., climate change mitigation, sustainability strategy, net-zero target and carbon compensation
- Support clients in planning, sourcing an certifying climate change mitigation projects, aiming at generating carbon credits for the voluntary market
- Manage carbon trading platform, company's internal database as well as official registry
- Enlarge existing projects portfolio in the field of carbon offsetting and expand project partners network
- Project management activities such as, stakeholder management, preparation of high-quality deliverables, organization of project meetings and workshops with clients
- Execution of company presentations at public national and international events
- PhD, Master or equivalent degree in natural sciences, sustainable resource management, agronomy, forest sciences or other related fields
- At least 5 years of working experiences in the field of climate change mitigation, with a specific focus on carbon offsetting and/or carbon market
- Experience in the implementation and certification of GHG emission reductions projects (e.g. nature-based solutions, waste management, etc), and in the trading of carbon credits
- Deep knowledge of CDM, Gold Standard and VCS projects, methodologies and certification processes is an asset
- Analyse complex problems, and define solutions
- Deliver high quality results, meeting the deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English and German, other languages of advantage
- Independent and accurate work, very good organisational skills, team player, reliable person
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
What we offer you
- Cross-functional tasks
- Mobile working
- Multidisciplinary team
- Team spirit
Ready to join our team?
Then we would be happy to hear from you soon! Please use the attached link to apply to this position. You want more information about Meo Carbon Solutions and our work? Click yourself through our website: www.meo-carbon.com.
We are looking forward to your application and hope to welcome you soon in our team!
Contact: Claudia Bulgheroni