A leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implements projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. To ensure that the programmes we implement have a lasting impact in terms of economic growth, sustainability and poverty reduction, we target structural reforms and capacity building in five core sectors. These five sectors represent our commitment towards improving the social and economic situation of people through Education and Employment Promotion, Governance and Economic Development, Rural Development and Environment, and also by measuring the long-term impact of interventions through Statistics and Monitoring & Evaluation.
Our Rural Development and Environment department has longstanding experience in the field of natural resources management and conservation, in both terrestrial and marine contexts.
GOPA mbH is looking for a
Senior Project Manager (m/f/d) in the field of natural resources management, Latin America and preferably Asia
to start in the 4th Quarter, in our Rural Development and Environment department in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt am Main).
As Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the acquisition of new projects, as well as for the implementation and the financial and technical backstopping of ongoing projects in the fields of rural development and natural resources management, focusing on Latin America and Asia. Initially based at our headquarters in Germany, you will also travel abroad for fact-finding and backstopping missions as well as for short-term expert assignments.
- You take the lead in coordination and management of the acquisition processes
- You develop proposals for new projects, including methodologies and quality control
- You act as an interface between the project team on-site and the client
- You undertake short-term missions as backstopper and technical expert
- You ensure the proper technical and financial closure of projects
- You use your analytical skills and experience to assess, plan and implement activities and actions
- You use your communication skills to interact with multi-national teams and beneficiaries
- You prioritise actions and tasks, meeting tight deadlines
What we offer
- The opportunity to focus on your field of expertise
- An international working environment and colleagues who enjoy working together, mixing competence with the right amount of humour, and who are looking forward to having you in the team
- The chance to actively contribute to the future success of the department and extend its regional portfolio
- Short communication and decision-making processes, and a living “open doors” culture across all company levels
- Free RMV job ticket
- Job bike
- Our own canteen
- Relevant academic degree (Masters or higher) in the broad field of Natural Resources Management/Economics; e.g. geography, the environmental sciences, sociology, agronomy or biology
- Preferably 5-10 years of experience in areas that include the following:
- International Development Cooperation with national and international donor agencies (GIZ, KfW and EU)
- The field of natural resources management and green/blue economies
- A demonstrated knowledge of policies and challenges around natural resources management and conservation at regional (Latin America and Asia) and international level
- Work experience in development cooperation in Latin-American countries
- Experience in or with a consulting company, especially in the acquisition of projects
- Proven project and team-management skills
- Experience in building and sustaining partnerships with donors, beneficiaries and other counterparts
- An excellent command (spoken and written) of Spanish and English is essential. A very good command of German would be an advantage