Sustainability Certification Auditor
Cologne | Freelancer | 01.04.2023
Who we are
ISCC – International Sustainability and Carbon Certification is one of the leading certification systems for sustainability, traceability and the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. More than 7600 companies in over 100 countries worldwide use the ISCC System. ISCC covers all sustainable feedstocks, including agricultural and forestry biomass, circular materials and renewables. As a no-deforestation standard with a strong commitment to protect forests, high-carbon stock lands and biodiversity, ISCC strives for a world where biomass and other raw materials are produced in an environmentally, socially and economically sustainable manner.
At ISCC we are a close team of highly motivated, supportive and committed young professionals with a multitude of backgrounds. If you feel we are a fit, we are looking forward to welcoming you in our team as freelance auditor to conduct Integrity Assessments in the framework of the ISCC Integrity Program. The ISCC Integrity Program has been developed to ensure consistent, objective and reliable audit and certification processes, and to continuously contribute to the future development of ISCC.
- Planning and preparation of on-site and remote Integrity Assessments and associated travel activities in coordination with the ISCC office in Cologne
- Preparation and coordination of schedules/audit plans for Integrity Assessments
- Conduction of ISCC Integrity Assessments at certified companies and certification bodies with a regional focus on either Europe, Asia, North America or Latin America according to the ISCC standards in diverse markets:
- Covering diverse certification scopes such as points of origin and collecting points for waste and residues (used cooking oil, palm oil mill effluent, brown grease/grease trap fat) farms/plantations, traders and processing facilities
- Verification of incoming and outgoing traceability documents, mass balances and other relevant sustainability criteria covered under the ISCC standards
- Special focus might be put on social issues in the context of human rights (e.g. fair and safe working conditions)
- Compilation of Integrity Assessment Reports
- Contribution to the continuous development of the ISCC System and the ISCC Integrity Program
What we offer you
- Cross-functional tasks
- Employee events
- Intensive training
- Independent work
- Flat hierachies
- Intensive Onboarding
- Flexible working times
- Mobile working
- Professional development opportunities
- Multidisciplinary team
- Team spirit
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in certification or quality management
- University degree in relevant field
- Independence and free of conflicts of interest (Integrity auditors cannot simultaneously work as auditors for CBs or as consultants for system users)
- Audit experience in the field of traceability, mass balance, social compliance, greenhouse gas emissions and/or land use change
- Experience in the area of waste and residue-based biofuel supply chains and/or supply chains for agricultural feedstocks
- Experience in the chemical industry and in the circular economy are of advantage
- High proficiency in English (spoken and written).Spanish, Mandarin or other additional languages are of advantage
- Understanding of global supply chains and complex organisational set-ups
- Understanding of human rights in supply chains and social minimum safeguards according to e.g. ILO, UN Global Compact or German Act on Corporate Due Diligence Obligations in Supply Chains or similar human rights acts
- High willingness and availability to travel as well as flexibility
- Very good organisational and communication skills
- High level of commitment, proficiency and assertiveness
- Structured, accurate and independent working style
- Good knowledge of the standard IT tools (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
Ready to join our team?
Then we would be happy to hear from you soon! Please apply to the link below with a meaningful cover letter, CV and any relevant certificates.
We are looking forward to your application and hope to welcome you in our team soon!
We are a company with equal opportunities for everyone and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, gender or any other criteria that is not a professional qualification for an open position.
Contact: Marlene Deitersen