Job Opening - Sustainability Manager (m/f)
We at 4C are looking for highly motivated professionals to complement our team at the 4C office in Cologne.
4C (Common Code for the Coffee Community) Services GmbH is a sustainability certification scheme for the coffee industry. 4C certification focuses on good agricultural and management practices, including requirements on economic, social and environmental conditions for coffee production and processing in order to establish credible sustainable and transparent supply chains. Independent certification bodies verify compliance with the 4C requirements. 4C was developed in a comprehensive and transparent multi-stakeholder process involving coffee producers, trade and industry as well as various civil society organizations from around the world. The aim of 4C is to move the entire coffee sector towards sustainability. 4C operates in 25 countries and is the largest certification systems in the coffee sector.
- Communication with 4C certified companies, cooperating certification bodies and interested stakeholders regarding the 4C System. This includes providing detailed information on the 4C requirements, the key steps of the certification process as well as reviewing and processing of registration and certification documents
- Participation in 4C’s advancement by continuously improving and developing the 4C System as well as by updating and developing 4C System documents and procedures
- Organization and participation in international 4C trainings and events. This includes the whole process of scheduling a date, advertising the event, location and travel management, preparation of training and event material, conduction of training and representation at events
- Development and implementation of communication and marketing activities (newsletter, system updates, articles, website maintenance, sales presentations, social media, promotion material, etc.)
- Involvement in setting-up (pilot) projects in different countries
What we are looking for
- 4C acts on a global level, therefore, the job requires a high level of proficiency in English and German (written and spoken) and good knowledge of Spanish. Additional language skills such as e.g. Vietnamese or Portuguese are of advantage
- University degree in e.g. business management, economics, environmental or sustainability studies, agriculture, and preferably first working experience in the area of sustainability, coffee/coffee farming, or similar
- Connection to and affinity for sustainability topics and sustainability certification
- Ability to work well in an international team as well as independently
- Computer literacy and excellent knowledge of the standard software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills, high commitment, reliability, strong customer and team orientation, flexibility and good self-organization
- Willingness to occasionally travel within Germany and abroad
What we offer
At 4C you will join a committed, dynamic and international team within a pleasant working environment. The job offers cross-functional tasks in the field of sustainability. The 4C office is centrally located in Cologne with close distance to public transportation and train stations. A KVB Jobticket will be provided.
Please send your job application (cover letter, CV, references) in English with your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations to Myriel Camp: (email@example.com).
For more information about 4C Services please visit: www.4c-services.org